Kerala Curry Chicken Kebabs
An easy, tasty midweek treat. Light summer meal or stick it on the barbeque. Equally as nice with our Thai Red Curry Sauce!
- Season the chicken and place in a bowl with the Kerala Curry sauce to marinate (ideally overnight but for as long as you can).
- Prepare the wooden skewers (if using) by soaking for 10-30 mins to make sure they don’t burn.
- When you’re ready to eat, heat up a griddle pan with a drizzle of olive oil on a medium heat. Carefully place the skewers into the pan and brown off on all sides until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Alternatively heat up the grill or a BBQ and cook for around 20 minutes until gently charred and the meat is cooked through.
- Meanwhile lightly dry fry the desiccated coconut in a small frying pan until lightly browned. Sprinkle the coconut over the skewers to bring out the rich curry flavours in the sauce.
- Serve with a little bowl of leftover sauce, wedges of lime and a fresh dressed salad. Would be lovely eaten outside served with a bowl of ilumi Wild Rice & Chickpea mix to share.
Soy & Ginger Stir Fry Beef Platter
Create a platter of bite-size party pieces for a summer barbeque or posh picnic. Easily doubled for a bigger party.
- Season the strips of beef and place in a bowl with the Soy & Ginger sauce to marinate.
- Firstly prepare the noodle nests. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Using a fork and spoon, twirl a spoonful of noodles (like you would eat spaghetti!) into a little parcel. Create 4 parcels. Carefully lift each parcel into the frying pan and gently fry for 4-5 mins to create a slightly crisp base. Gently turn over and fry for another half a minute to give a bit of colour to the top. Remove and set aside while you prepare the beef.
- Return the frying pan to the hob and turn up the heat to medium-high. Add a little more oil and add strips of beef. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of sesame seeds. Fry until coloured all over, and cooked to your liking (3-4 mins). Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, wash and carefully tear lettuce leaves off the head of the Little Gem lettuce.
- Nestle strips of steak onto the noodle nests and within lettuce leaf cups. Garnish with finely chopped spring onions and thin slices of red chilli. Sprinkle more sesame seeds to taste.
- Pop any leftover sauce into a dish with a teaspoon for guests to add to their bitesize mouthfuls!
Red Thai Curry Chicken Naan Breads
Enjoy an easy mid-week meal with this gluten free Thai-inspired dish. On the table in less than 20 minutes! Replace chicken with firm white fish, or roast chunky vegetables such as sweet potato, aubergine, and baby sweetcorn for approx. 20 minutes before serving with Thai Curry sauce & gluten free naan breads.
- Heat up a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil on a medium heat. Gently fry until the chicken for 10 minutes or so until cooked through.
- In the last minute of cooking, add sauce to the pan with the chicken and cook until hot.
- Heat up grill or oven to cook naan breads, as per packet instructions.
- Serve by pouring chicken and sauce over naan breads. Garnish with a sprinkling of crushed chillies. Ideal with a small serving of basmati rice, garnished with finely diced fresh green peppers.
A great option to get the kids involved in cooking – simple, ready in minutes and half the cost of a shop bought option. Try a selection of different toppings. We’ve used buffalo mozzarella & goats cheese as dairy free options but add whatever you like!
- Open pouch of ilumi Tomato & Herb Sauce and spread 1-2 tablespoons of sauce over the top of each pizza base.
- Top with as much or as little topping as you like! We suggest tearing chunks of buffalo mozzarella & draping slices of parma ham on top of your pizza. Alternatively try slowly frying wedges of red onion for 10-15mins until soft and starting to caramelise along the edges. Crumble goats cheese on top with a handful of finely diced green peppers.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has begun to melt and the toppings are golden brown.
Sticky Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings
A family friendly mid-week dinner. Stick it all in a roasting tin and you’re sorted!
- Tip pouch of ilumi Sweet Chilli Sauce into a big bowl. Add chicken wings and marinate for as long as you can (ideally overnight).
- Heat oven to 180°C / gas 6 and pre-heat a big baking tray or roasting tin.
- Tip chicken wings onto pre-heated tray and cook in the oven for around 30-35 minutes until sticky and slightly charred.
- Alternatively, to cook on the BBQ, pop in the oven for 20 minutes and finish off on the BBQ for the last 10 minutes or so.
- Serve on a big help-yourself platter with a large bowl of crisp salad and ilumi long grain rice (optional).